ECET2 was founded on two strongly held beliefs:
nothing in education matters more than great teaching, and nobody knows teaching like teachers.
4:30 pm - 9:30 pm*
Celebratory Dinner including...
Welcome to ECET2 Oregon
Cultivating a Calling Keynote
Introduction to Colleague Circles
* dinner will begin 6:30 pm
7:45 am - 5:00 pm*
Cultivating a Calling Keynotes
Educational Leadership Panel
Cultivating a Calling Keynotes
"Bring it Back" Planning
* optional social breakfast 7:45-8:15
ECET2 Oregon is for teachers by teachers!
What is ECET2?
ECET2 stands for Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers. It was born out of a desire to provide a forum for exceptional teachers to learn from one another and to celebrate the teaching profession. The convening experience is designed to inform and inspire colleagues, develop attendees’ leadership potential, and collaboratively hone their craft.
The ECET2 Experience
See what happens at an ECET2 Event
Teachers across the country are organizing regional and local ECET2 convenings in their communities. These convenings help teachers collaborate with, learn from, and support one another, which improves their ability to support students. All are by teachers, for teachers.
Why ECET2 in Oregon?
Almost last in high school graduation and in some places up to three weeks fewer than the national average to achieve the same high standards… These are the statistics the nation hears about Oregon. Yet, everyday teachers across the state beat these odds and find innovative ways to produce life-changing outcomes for students. Without a network to share these innovations and without a space to celebrate the stories of these teachers, Oregon may continue to be known for only these facts and figures. ECET2 Oregon has the chance to tell the stories of these classrooms and the instruction changing lives.
ECET2 Oregon will leverage existing teacher leaders in Oregon to share teaching practices that improve student achievement, build the capacity of our teachers to see themselves as capable of leading their peers in efforts to improve teaching, and establish a professional learning network facilitated by educators at all levels of education from PreK-20, with the common goal of improved student achievement for all students.
ECET2 Oregon will help teachers gain new insights as instructional leaders and renew their commitment to sharing their experiences. ECET2 Oregon aims to ensure that teachers leave with tools, best practices, and a network they can tap for advice, feedback, and strategies. The goal is for teachers to return to their schools and districts inspired and empowered to grow, collaborate, and lead in ways that strengthen the teaching profession and improve student outcomes. How teachers choose to put these new skills to work will vary. Ultimately, the goals of ECET2 Oregon are to help teacher leaders grow, collaborate, and lead.
Essential Elements of a Convening
Hands-on Workshops by Oregon Teachers for Oregon Teachers
Collaborative Problems of Practice
Cultivating a Calling
Inspirational Keynote Speeches
ECET2 Oregon Partners
We'd like to thank the following organizations for supporting Oregon teachers by partnering with ECET2 Oregon!
2019 Save the Date
Find your Teacher Network!
* Educator Advancement Council - https://www.oregon.gov/cedo/educators/Pages/EAC.aspx
* National Board Certified Teachers - https://www.nbpts.org/national-board-certification/ (dates/flyer for Informational Sessions attached)
* ECET2 National information - https://www.ecet2.org/
* Oregon Teacher of the Year Network - https://oregonteacheroftheyear.org/
* Oregon Educator Network - https://www.oregonednet.org/
* Coalition of Communities of Color - http://www.coalitioncommunitiescolor.org/
* Oregon Center for Educational Equity - http://www.edequityoregon.com/
* Oregon Association for Bilingual Education - http://oabe.org/word/
* National Alliance for Equity in Partnerships - https://www.napequity.org/
* Oregon Writing Project - https://graduate.lclark.edu/programs/oregon_writing_project/
* Oregon Council of Teachers of Mathematics - http://www.octm.org/
* Oregon Council of Teachers of English - https://oregoncouncilofteachersofenglish.wildapricot.org/
* Oregon Education Association - https://www.oregoned.org/
* Oregon Safe Schools & Communities Coalition - https://www.facebook.com/oregonsafeschools/
* Oregon State Literacy Association - https://www.oregonread.org/
* Oregon Band Directors Association - https://www.oregonbda.org/
* Oregon Art Education Association - https://www.oregonarted.org/
* Oregon Historical Society - https://www.ohs.org/
* Oregon Council for Social Studies - https://sites.google.com/site/oregoncouncilforsocialstudies//
* Oregon Science Teachers Association - https://ost3sa.wildapricot.org/
* Oregon STEM Hubs - http://stemoregon.org/regional-stem-hubs/
* Oregon Council for Exceptional Children - http://community.cec.sped.org/orcec/home
* Oregon Association for Talented and Gifted - https://www.oatag.org/
* Oregon Education Music Association - https://www.oregonmusic.org/
* Oregon School Counselor Association - https://www.oscainc.org/
* Technology Educators of Oregon - http://www.teoregon.com/
* Oregon Indian Education Association - http://www.oiea.org/ (coming soon!)
* Oregon Computer Science Teachers Association - http://oregoncsta.org/
* Oregon Association for the Education of Young Children - https://www.oraeyc.org/
* Oregon Association of Student Councils - http://oasc.org/
* Oregon School Activities Association - http://www.osaa.org/
* Oregon School Employees Association - https://www.osea.org/
* Oregon Library Association - https://ola.memberclicks.net/
* Oregon Association of Latino Administrators - http://www.oala.info/
* Confederation of Oregon School Administrators - https://www.cosa.k12.or.us/
* Teacher2Teacher Network - https://www.teacher2teacher.education/
* Teaching Partners - https://teachingpartners.com/
* Teacher Leadership Institute - https://www.teacherleadershipinstitute.org/
* EdCamp Foundation - https://www.edcamp.org/
* Student Achievement Partners Core Advocates - Get Involved! https://achievethecore.org/get-involved
* America Achieves - http://americaachieves.org/
* Educators for Excellence - https://e4e.org/